Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with a Garlic & Orange Vinaigrette


Tonight's dinner was simple and delicious as well as a nice, light meal.  I started out by heating the oven to 400 degrees and browning the pork tenderloin, seasoned with just salt and pepper.  I then put it into a casserole dish and roasted it for 20 minutes.
 
 
I made dinner for 2 but one large tenderloin is enough for 4 and the vinaigrette recipe is for 4.  On each plate, I have mounded fresh arugula and some diced tomatoes from the garden.
 
 
Garlic & Orange Vinaigrette
 
1 large orange
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mustard
 
 
Zest about half of the orange, juice the entire orange, grate one clove of garlic, add 1 Tbsp of honey and 2 Tbsp of olive oil.  Whisk these together with 2 tsp of mustard to emulsify the dressing.  I used a champagne and shallot mustard from Stonewall Kitchens.  This one of my favourites.
 
 
Arrange slices of pork tenderloin over your salad and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
 
Bon Appetit,
 
Julie

1 comment:

  1. I have a port tenderloin in the refrigerator, waiting to be cooked for lunch today. I'm going to try your pre-browning method.

    ReplyDelete