Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fish Cakes


Tonight's menu was fish cakes and spinach salad.  For these, I used salmon but any firm fish would work - cod, haddock and crab is especially nice.  I don't really have a recipe but I'll walk you through it.  Start by boiling a couple of potatoes.  I sliced up 2 green onions and about 4 Tbsp of fresh chopped parsley (if I have fresh dill, I'd use a couple of Tbsp of that as well).  These were mixed with the juice of half a lemon and a Tbsp of Old Bay seasoning plus salt and pepper.


When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the fish filet on top to poach.  This only takes 5 to 10 minutes.


Once cooked I like to remove any of the grey flesh (a treat for the cats).


Mash the potatoes, flake the fish and add to the bowl.  Form into patties and dip in beaten egg.  Then roll in bread crumbs and fry in a little oil.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment