Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins


I made muffins and tea biscuits today to take into the office tomorrow.  I have been off work sick and have received so much support (and presents :) from my friends at work that I wanted to say thank -you in a tangible way.  So tomorrow they will have some treats for their coffee break.

Ingredients

3/4 cup of butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp  baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pint of blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  This recipe makes about 15 or 16 muffins.  Use paper liners.

I used my Kitchenaid and creamed the butter and sugar.  I then added eggs, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mixed on low speed so it didn't splash.

I then added dry ingredients - flour, baking powder/soda and salt and mixed slowly so it was completely incorporated.  Using a spatula, I gently folded the blueberries into the batter by hand.  You can use fresh berries but I prefer to use frozen ones as they don't break down and turn the batter blue.  When the blueberries are on sale in the summer, I buy pints and freeze them in small bags for recipes like this.  This recipe is nice with other berries as well.  I have a bag of raspberries waiting in the freezer for the next time I make this.

I use my mother's old ice cream scoop the fill the liners and bake for about 25 minutes.  The tops should  be lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment