Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 4 Week 3 - Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken

Today was a sad and stressful day on the employment front.  I met the girls for lunch and everyone was shell-shocked.  It's hard to care what you are eating in those circumstances.  I did have a hamburger and half a serving of fries.  Breakfast was Cheerios and for dinner I had jalapeno cheddar chicken and green beans.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.


Start by mixing your filling.  For 2 chicken breasts, I creamed 2 Tbsp of cream cheese and 2 Tbsp of grated cheddar cheese, 1 slice of crisp crumbled bacon and 1 tsp of finely diced jalapeno pepper.



Flatten 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts with a meat mallet.  Spread the mixture on the breast and then roll up and use skewers to seal filling inside.  Lightly roll in Italian bread crumbs and bake for 30 to 35 minutes on a rack in the oven.


This is the first time I have tried this recipe and it was tasty.  I did make a few changes to it but I would do more next time.  It needs some more vegetable in the filling.  I would decrease the amount of cheese, omit the bacon and I would add fresh spinach or diced cherry tomatoes and maybe some fresh herbs.  Stay tuned for any new variations.

On the positive front, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 20 lbs since Jan 1.  I am hoping to just maintain that this weekend.

Tomorrow I am going to Bobcaygeon with friends to do some shopping.  I will try to remember my camera for my other blog but it will mean another lunch out.  Also this weekend is CANADA DAY and in my family, that means celebrating with food.


Tomorrow I am planning Cheerios for breakfast, ??? for lunch and for dinner, cheese souffle and salad.


Julie

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds like something I'l like to try but I'm going to leave out the bacon and add the spinach and herbs instead. Congrats on the weight loss. Happy Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete