Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend Woes

I woke up late today with an awful sinus headache.  It was too late for breakfast and then eat lunch so plans change but that is life.


I started with a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich.  I then moved on to...


Around that 3 pm drop in blood sugar, I had an All-Bran bar and that worked.  Tonight I have decided to have the salmon and a salad.

I have worked on a menu for this coming week...

Breakfast - the same as last week

Lunch
1. Wonton Soup
2.  Ham and Cheese Sandwich
3.  Salad Plate
4.  Fruit and Cheese Plate
5.  Herb Omelette
6.  Hamburger
7.  Vegetables and dip, Pork rice paper rolls, Boursin cheese and crackers, fruit

(#6 is for lunch out on Thursday, #7 is for lunch on Monday when the girls are over)

Dinner
1.  Chicken Jalapeno with roasted potatoes and green veg
2.  sausage on a bun with sauerkraut
3.  Spicy Orange Ginger Beef with rice *
4.  Vegetable soup
5.  Chipotle Chicken and rice
6.  Beef Stir-Fry with noodles *
7.  Chicken Piccata with assorted vegetables

Shopping List

2 chicken breast
2 chicken thighs
2 steaks
1 sausage
ground pork
deli ham
(ground beef and buns etc for hamburger if not a lunch out)
potato
onion
carrot
green beans
Savoy cabbage
broccoli
mushrooms
cherry tomatoes
lettuce
(any veg you like)
oranges
(any fruit you like)
low fat cheese you like
Boursin cheese
crackers
eggs
rice paper wrappers
ginger
can of ground tomato
green olives
beef broth
frozen peas
Chinese noodles

So far I`m feeling good.  I`m being flexible and adjusting as needed without going off the rails.   Check my blog for the starred recipes.  I`m planning on featuring the herb omelette, pork rice paper rolls, chicken jalapeno, vegetable soup and chicken piccata this week.  My favourite grocery has Pop chips on sale this week so I thought I`d try them for those carb cravings.

Wish me luck!  I`ve taken sinus meds and am going to get my head done for half an hour.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Your menu for next week is inspirational but alas my week will not be such a gourmet treat. We went to Flannigans today -will let you know how the steak is, the sausages tonight were great.

    ReplyDelete